Saturday, March 14, 2015

What a Mess!

Another thing I accomplished in February was a complete clearing out of my fabric scraps. This is a photo of a very small portion of the scraps that have accumulated over the past couple of years. The pile was about the size of a large dog crate, or a washing machine, or you could also say that it took up, when dumped out of its containers, most of the floor space of my studio.


For three days or so I ironed the larger pieces and stacked everything by color. I snipped off any teeny pieces and stuffed them separately into a bag. I then brought all the stacks of nicely ironed pieces as well as the bag of teeny ones to HG's school where I am hoping some people will find them useful for various handwork projects. You can see below that the entire stack of red and pinks was brought down to a manageable six or so inches high following the ironing.




I was so pleased to finish this task. What an accomplishment. It allowed me to organize my fabric closet so that I can find everything else more easily now that things aren't buried under heaps of unruly cotton pieces. I did keep a fair number of these scraps but they all fit very nicely into a small plastic bin. And I vow not to let this get away from me in the future! 

1 comment:

  1. That scrap looks hilariously useful in household! they come in use when polishing the furniture and the floor and other domestic works!

    ReplyDelete