Monday, October 13, 2014

Simple Advice from a First Grade Teacher


Summer rain fun. 
You've heard about "everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten," right? Well, I was struck by something so very simple that HG's first grade teacher included in one of her parent emails. This teacher is in her first year of guiding a Waldorf class on her own. HG and her classmates enjoy her very much and we parents are glad to have her in our lives.

Here is what she passed along:
Look behind and be grateful
Look ahead and be hopeful
Look around and be helpful
I'm pretty sure if everyone followed that simple advice we'd find ourselves much less stressed out, much more connected to one another, and much happier. Anybody with me?

One of our four garden sunflowers, earlier in the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment